Full Service Optical Shop
Tarantino Cho Eye Center now has a full service optical shop with over 700 frames in stock. Therefore we have a frame for every budget. Our Selections include designer frames, titanium collections, Silhouette drill mounts and many others.
Tarantino Cho Eye Center participates with many insurance plans, which our American Board of Opticianry Certified opticians will gladly review with you. Also, we will gladly handle the billing with the insurance company on your behalf for plans that we participate with and help with the paper work of plans we do not.
Click to see our current sales and specials!
Insurance plans include:
- EyeMed Vision Care (Aetna Vision)
- Davis Vision
- National Vision Administrators
- BCBS/ NCAS
- Single vision lenses – single distance focal point, like reading only
- Bifocals, Trifocals, Progressive lenses (No-Line Bifocals) – address the need of multiple focal points, but Progressive lenses do this in a way more natural and like normal vision
- Computer Lenses – specifically designed for prolonged use on the computer, aids in strain and fatigue associated with computer use
- High definition lenses – provide the most clarity edge to edge available given the limitations of a prescription and frame choice, and are available in multiple lens designs.
- Many choices exist in lens material options. Because of this, patients experience greater improvement in clarity, thickness, and weight then in the past.
- The recommendations on lens material will be based upon several factors including: prescription, frame choice, and activities glasses will be worn during.
- Materials include: CR-39 plastic, mid and high index plastic, polycarbonate, and new variations like Trivex.
- Many surface treatments are available that can assist with your vision needs, and our trained Opticians are ready to help explain the benefits of these options.
- Advancements in treatments are not uncommon, with a major area of growth in Anti-Reflective Coatings. These coatings assist with white light glare, helping you look and see better in all lighting conditions. Premium AR coatings are built into your lenses, with a two-sided scratch coat, so you don’t see the imperfections that occurred in standard glare coats of the past.
- Many other options exist, including: UV protection, Scratch Coatings, and Edge Treatments.
- Solid and gradient tints are available for those seeking color on their lenses in all conditions, with a variety of colors and options from dark sunglass shades to light fashionable shades.
- Polarized lens options are the best for bright light use, typically outside, achieved in part by the filters in the lens designed to reduce this type of glare.
- One of the most exciting tint options, now in its seventh generation, is Transitions® photochromic technology. These lenses change from light to dark based on the amount of sunlight, and are a convenient option for people who don’t want the hassle of multiple pairs of glasses. Please scroll down for a demonstration link to this technology and to learn more about other Transitions® designs.
EyeGlass Guide is a simple interactive tool provided by Transitions® optical to help choose the right eyeglasses for your needs. First, answer the simple lifestyle questions. Then the guide will help tailor a report that you can take with you when purchasing your new eyewear.
Optical Shop Hours Of Operation
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 8:00am – 5:00pm
Wednesday: 7:00am – 7:00pm