Starting on May 18, our new office hours will be:
- M: 7 am – 7 pm
- Tues: 8 am – 5 pm
- Wednesday: 7 am -7 pm
- Thurday 7 am -7 pm
- Friday 7 am – 5 pm
Our optical will also be having phased reopening. Please call the optical at 410-590-9282 if you have an urgent need regarding your glasses. More details coming soon.
- If you had an appointment which was postponed due to COVID-19, these will be rescheduled. If you have an upcoming previously scheduled appointment, we will attempt to keep it unchanged. It may, however, need to be moved as we are changing our doctors’ office hours. Please also be aware that we are triaging patients in order of most urgent to most routine. We ask for your patience and understanding. You should receive a phone call from one of our staff. If you have any concerns call us at 410-590-9260.
- If you had or have a scheduled surgery, our surgical coordinator will be contacting you.
- We continue to see patients with urgent eye medical concerns.
May 20, 2020
What to expect on the day of your appointment:
- Call 410-590-9260 when you arrive at our office. We will let you know when to come inside. Until then please wait in your car. Please have your documents ready (insurance cards, ID, referrals, forms, credit card) and wear your mask prior to entering the building. Please wear the mask over both mouth and nose the entire time you are in the office. We ask that you enter alone and that your family member or ride wait in the car unless absolutely necessary.
- Once in the office a staff member will check your temperature with a thermometer which does not touch the skin. You will be given some hand sanitizer.
- A member of our reception team will greet you and check you in. You will be asked to stand on the tape mark on the floor.
- A technician will do the preliminary work up of vision and eye pressure. We ask that you keep talking to a minimum since we should have already collected information about your visit over the phone a day or two prior to your visit.
- All examination areas have been thoroughly sanitized after each patient encounter.
- You will have a thorough and targeted examination by the doctor. We ask that you not talk while in the slit lamp (the instrument which the doctor uses to examine your eyes).
- When checking out you will be instructed to maintain social distancing in the hallways and be asked to stand behind the tape marker at the check out desk. A staff member will provide you with your paperwork, assist in making your next appointment, and take any required payments. Once complete we ask that you promptly exit the office.
Tarantino Cho Eye Center Optical Shop:
- If you are interested in purchasing new glasses or wish to consult with an optician during your visit please indicate this when making your appointment. An optician will be in touch with you to evaluate your needs prior to your visit.
- We are currently scheduling appointments in the optical to maintain social distancing standards. Patients without appointments will only be able to be seen if an appointment is available at that time, and you may be asked to call from your car to determine this availability. An optician will call when ready to assist you.
- Other safety measures will be in place in accordance with CDC recommendations, including sanitizing all frames after you try them on.
We hope these measures will allow you to feel comfortable about your visit. Thank you for trusting us with your medical, surgical, and optical eye care. We look forward to seeing you soon!
The TC Eye Center doctors and staff